Tips for Talking with Your Doctor
Prepare for your visit
Download this free Doctor Discussion Guide to help keep track of your symptoms for 2 weeks before your visit. Bring it with you to show your doctor.
Before your visit1,2
- Be prepared to discuss your medical history
- Bring a list of all of your medications as well as over-the-counter therapies, supplements, and herbal remedies
- Write your questions down ahead of time
- Bring something you can take notes with (such as a notepad, phone, or tablet)
- Consider asking a family member or friend to go with you (2 sets of ears are better than 1)
During your visit1,2
- Take good notes to help you remember what was discussed
- Ask as many questions as you need to
- Have the doctor explain anything that you don’t understand
- Confirm the best way to communicate with the doctor (such as by phone, e-mail, or an online medical portal, if available)
- Ask if you will be able to access your medical records online
- Get to know the nurses and the office staff—they may be helpful when the doctor is not available
Ask your doctor about EnteraGam®
If you are not currently on therapy: ask your doctor about whether starting with a nondrug therapy like EnteraGam® is right for you.
If you are on therapy but still experiencing chronic diarrhea and loose stools: ask your doctor about adding EnteraGam® to your current GI medication.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. Mayo Clinic Website. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome/basics/definition/con-20024578. Accessed February 5, 2017.
- Polsdorfer R. Talking to your doctor about irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System Web site. http://www.svmh.com/health/content.aspx?chunkiid=19656. Accessed February 6, 2017
EnteraGam® is a medical food product intended for the dietary management of chronic diarrhea and loose stools. EnteraGam® must be administered under medical supervision.
Important Safety Information
EnteraGam® contains beef protein: therefore, patients who have an allergy to beef or any other component of EnteraGam® should not take this product. EnteraGam® has not been studied in pregnant women, in women during labor and delivery, or in nursing mothers. The choice to administer EnteraGam® during pregnancy, labor and delivery, or to nursing mothers is at the clinical discretion of the supervising physician.
EnteraGam® does not contain any milk-derived ingredients such as lactose, casein, or whey. EnteraGam® is gluten-free, dye-free, and soy-free.
Please see Full Product Information.
To report suspected adverse reactions, contact Entera Health, LLC at 1-855-4ENTERA (1-855-436-8372), or the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
EnteraGam® is manufactured and
distributed by Entera Health, LLC.
©2021 Entera Health, LLC.
Ankeny, IA 50021
The product information provided in this site is intended for residents of the United States.