EnteraGam® is Unlike Anything Else for Chronic Diarrhea
EnteraGam® is a medical food product that is completely different from other therapies because it helps address the nutritional needs of people who have chronic diarrhea and loose stools. Some people notice management of their condition with EnteraGam® in as little as 2 to 4 weeks.1
Works right at the source of the problem
When you have chronic diarrhea and loose stools due to specific intestinal conditions (like irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea [IBS-D] or inflammatory bowel disease), different factors can upset the environment in your intestine (gut).
When the environment inside your gut is functioning the way it should, it is called a stable environment. When substances (both foreign or natural) that may be toxic to the gut penetrate the lining of the intestine (also known as the gut barrier), it may upset this delicate balance, which can:2,3
- Contribute to chronic diarrhea and loose stools in people with many different intestinal conditions
- Prevent your body from properly absorbing nutrients from foods and fluid
EnteraGam® uniquely binds toxic substances released by bacteria (and other substances called microbial components) that upset the intestinal environment.4 This helps prevent them from penetrating the lining of the intestine and causing problems. EnteraGam® may also help:2,5-10
- Restore a stable environment in your gut
- Manage how your gut barrier works
- Support proper absorption of nutrients
EnteraGam® helps you avoid having to rearrange or cancel your plans due to your condition. In a clinical study, people who took EnteraGam® experienced fewer days per week with loose stools and other IBS-D related symptoms, including abdominal discomfort and bloating. Some people notice management of their condition with EnteraGam® in as little as 2 to 4 weeks.1
Easy to take
EnteraGam® is a fine powder that can be easily mixed into at least 4 ounces of liquid (water or other liquid as preferred). Or, EnteraGam® can be mixed with soft foods, such as pudding or yogurt.10
Your doctor will determine your starting dose of EnteraGam® based on the number of loose or watery stools you have per day. Anywhere from 1 to 4 packets per day may be prescribed.10
Take action today
Print this free Doctor Discussion Guide and ask your doctor if EnteraGam® is right for you. Your doctor may want you to take EnteraGam® along with other therapies for chronic diarrhea and loose stools.
- Wilson D, Evans M, Weaver E, Shaw AL, Klein GL. Evaluation of serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin protein isolate in subjects with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Clin Med Insights Gastroenterol. 2013;6:49-60.
- Petschow BW, Burnett B, Shaw AL, Weaver EM, Klein Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate: postulated mechanism of action for management of enteropathy. Clin Exp Gastroenterol. 2014;7:181-190.
- Gasbarrini A, Lauritano EC, Garcovich M, Sparano L, Gasbarrini New insights into the pathophysiology of IBS: intestinal microflora, gas production and gut motility. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2008;12 Suppl 1:111-117.
- Horgan A, Maas K, Henderson A, Detzel C, Weaver E. Serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate binds to pathogen-associated molecular patterns. Poster presented at: Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology; April 26-30, 2014; San Diego, CA.
- Asmuth D, Netanya S. Utay NS, Somsouk M, et al. Oral bovine immunoglobulin reduces immune activation in HIV+ immune nonresponders. Poster presented at: Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI); February 22-25, 2016; Boston, MA.
- Henderson AL, Brand MW, Darling RJ, et al. Attenuation of colitis by serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate in a defined microbiota mouse model. Dig Dis Sci. 2015;60(11):3293-3303.
- Pérez-Bosque A, Miró L, Maijó M, et al. Dietary intervention with serum-derived bovine immunoglobulins protects barrier function in a mouse model of colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;308(12):G1012-G1018.
- Pérez-Bosque A, Miró L, Maijó M, et al. Oral serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate has immunomodulatory effects on the colon of mice that spontaneously develop colitis. PLoS One. 2016;11(5):e0154823.
- Detzel CJ, Horgan A, Henderson AL, Petschow BW, Warner CD, Maas KJ, Weaver EM. Bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate binds pro-inflammatory bacterial compounds and prevents immune activation in an intestinal co-culture model. PLoS One. 2015;10(4):e0120278.
- EnteraGam® [product information]. Ankeny, IA: Entera Health, Inc.; October 2020.
EnteraGam® is a medical food product intended for the dietary management of chronic diarrhea and loose stools. EnteraGam® must be administered under medical supervision.
Important Safety Information
EnteraGam® contains beef protein: therefore, patients who have an allergy to beef or any other component of EnteraGam® should not take this product. EnteraGam® has not been studied in pregnant women, in women during labor and delivery, or in nursing mothers. The choice to administer EnteraGam® during pregnancy, labor and delivery, or to nursing mothers is at the clinical discretion of the supervising physician.
EnteraGam® does not contain any milk-derived ingredients such as lactose, casein, or whey. EnteraGam® is gluten-free, dye-free, and soy-free.
Please see Full Product Information.
To report suspected adverse reactions, contact Entera Health, LLC at 1-855-4ENTERA (1-855-436-8372), or the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
EnteraGam® is manufactured and
distributed by Entera Health, LLC.
©2022 Entera Health, LLC.
Ankeny, IA 50021
The product information provided in this site is intended for residents of the United States.